Cepo is playing Saxophone

Cepo is playing Saxophone

Saturday, November 13, 2010

1st Week School Experience’s Reflection

Santa Theresia is the school that I observe. It is in Sarinah, Central Jakarta. I was happy when I knew that I have to observe this school. Why? Because this is my first time to observe private school. Actually I also felt a little bit nervous because I stereotype that private school is better that national school in education standard. But I don’t know exactly about Santa Theresia’s student. And also I have 4days for take a rest first before I observe. Prepare my self totally. So, that’s why I have to taste it.
When the first time I came there I met Ms.Johana and Ms.Margi. They are so friendly and kind. They are also open to us and flexible. They also give us some motivation to being a good teacher. Finally, I have started my observation this morning. Firstly, I came to Ms. Margi’s class. She taught about listening comprehension. Honestly, I felt so bored because she didn’t have fun with her class. I saw that Ms.Margi didn’t elicit the student’s attention first. She started her class with playing the cassette and the student have to do their exercise in their worksheet. I thought that there was no communication in that learning process. Why? Because the teacher didn’t communicate with the student and I am sure that it is just one way learning.
According to my opinion, it is a little bit different with Ms.Johana’s lesson. She elicited the student’s attention first and then she discusses about the material. She asked student’s answer and she also gives the right answer. I think, she can make a good communication in her class. In the other hand she was doing two ways learning. She is wise and not a killer teacher exactly.
According with what I saw this morning, It supports my belief that every teacher has a different way in their learning and also different style. They also have different management to manage their class. These activities are so important for me especially as a teacher candidate. I can reflect to my self what should I do in my class and my teaching later. Be my self, be different and also I have to be aware with my student’s need.





No comments:

Post a Comment