Cepo is playing Saxophone

Cepo is playing Saxophone

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Second week in St.Theresia Senior High School (written by Cepo)

This is my reflection about observation in second week. I have adapted with the teachers and also with the students. I observed a lot of things there. I observed from the teacher, the students and also their communication.
According to my observation, I found effectiveness in Ms. Johanna’s class. I observed her teaching and absolutely all that involves in the classroom. I think, she was good I her teaching because she can communicate with her students and also she involves her student in learning process. Besides that, she also asks to her students about their understanding. She can control her class and she can elicit students’ attention. She ensured to the student whether they understand or not.
I also found weakness in her classroom. At that time there was a student who makes dirty on the floor. She asked him to clean up. I think it is not really effective. Why? Because it disturbed learning process and also the times. As a evidence some student didn’t pay attention to the lesson because they watched their friend who cleans up the floor.
In the second week I have to teach student in the XI IS 1. First time when I came there, I felt shy and a little bit nervous. We were doing group teaching. My part is eliciting students’ attention. When I started it, I just kept smile and then miracle happened. Students were excited and looked so interested. They responded my question well. I was so happy and I enjoyed the whole classroom.
If I become a teacher in that school and in the same lesson. I will use a lot of media like computer, 3d things, paper and etc to make my student interested to my lesson. I believe everything that I have done in this school experience is useful and meaningful.

No comments:

Post a Comment